Monday, February 8, 2010

I've wanted one of these little guys for quite some time now. Since I am highly allergic to dogs and cats, I thought this would be a fun alternative. Royal Dandie pigs are extremely clean, intelligent, able to be litter trained, non-allergenic, and not to mention, ADORABLE. They only grow to be a maximum of 20 pounds and unless you leave food around, they pretty much stay out of trouble. I've done much research on these little guys and am in love! Just one problem (besides the fact that Paul is not too thrilled with the idea, but he can be swayed), there is a "No Swine" ordinance in the city of Milwaukee. I was told it was not going to be changed unless they could be classified as a "house pet". While the popularity is growing in other places, not so much in Milwaukee. I was told to keep checking back to see if and when the ordinance will be lifted. So here I wait. In the meantime, I've invested in this guy. While he may be quite boring, at least he's pretty-much no maintenance.

Meet "Jaws".........

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Awesome. Too bad about no swine. Like he's swine. Did you show them a picture? :) And wow, I bet Jaws never saw so much pink bling. I bet he thinks he's in heaven.

Kelly said...

Jaws looks VERY happy, and I will keep my fingers crossed that you can get your pig in the near future. have you seen the ones that fit inside a coffee mug they're so small??? Too cute.

Katherine said...

Maybe the swine could be disguised as a dog or a rabbit when it ventures out in public. Swine incognito! Or maybe you could put a little pig nose on Jaws until things work out:)

Elizabeth said...

Growing up I had a friend who had a large pot-bellied pig for a pet...illegally in Milwaukee. Not that I am suggesting you do anything illegal! I do think they're cute :)